While surfing through the internet, I stumbled on the fact that people seem to have issues with how to unhide apps on their infinix Android phones. Precisely the Infinix HOT 4.
Hence, I’ve decided to write on how to hide and unhide apps on Infinix android phones. Hopefully this will help those with the issue.
Most recent infinix android phones comes packed with a feature called xHide. It’s actually an app. XHide is precisely a part of the XOS UI ecosystem.
By default, the infinix HOT 4 runs Android Marshmallow customized with XOS. By default, this comes with the xHide feature. At least, judging by a unit I still have within reach.
There is also currently an option to upgrade the OS to Android 7 nougat which thus, comes with the XHide feature as well. The infinix HOT 5 and other latest devices from the brand on the other hand, also comes with xHide.
Point is, the xHide is essentially useful if you want to hide files on your Android phone and only access them via code. It’s somewhat similar to Tecno’s freeze app feature but way better.
This works in a way that, only the user with the xHide code, can access those hidden files. This app, is something I have come to really appreciate on Infinix android phones.
After setting up the app for the first time, the app will no longer be seen amongst your apps on the app menu. The app can only be accessed via your already set code.
Not only can you hide contacts and messages, you also hide pictures, videos, recordings and apps.
Table Of Contents
How To Hide Apps and files on Infinix Android Phones
- Simply search through the app menu and locate the xHide (if setting up for the first time).
- Follow the onscreen instruction
- Insert your security password
- Choose the files you’d like to hide and you are good to go.
By default, the app is set to hidden. Meaning, the app won’t be seen amongst your apps on your app menu. However, you can choose to display the app amongst the app menu.
Related: Here Is A Proven Step to Easily access Password locked apps and folders on Android Without Passcode
To do this, follow the steps below:
- launch the app
- Tap on Settings
Toggle the hidden mode off (grey). To return back to being hidden (which i highly recommend), toggle the hidden mode option ON (green). Thereafter, you will be asked to key in a dial code to activate.
How To Unhide Apps and Files On Infinix Android Phones
To unhide apps or files on infinix android phones (example, Infinix HOT 4)
- Simply dial the required code (##) and security pin.
- For example ##1234 where 1234 is the security pin.
- Dialing that code, the app should automatically start.
- Select the category. This includes communications, pictures, videos, records, and app hide.
Select the files or apps you’d like to Unhide and follow the onscreen instructions. You should be good to go.
Related: Here is How To Hide Files (Gallery, Whatsapp Pictures, Video ETC) On Android Without Using App
What If You Lost Your XHide Password?
Simply dial ##0 and input the answer to the security question asked. The security question in this case, is the particular one you set during the course of setting up the xHide app for the first time.
There you have it. That’s how to hide and unhide apps and files on Infinix Android phones.
How To Hide / Unhide files on Other Android Phones?
If using any other Android phone from an Infinix phone, there’s another step to doing so.
- Simply go to the file manager
- Tap on the option (… in vertical order) button and select show hidden files.
- Create a new folder with any name of your choice. Include a dot (.) before that name. For example, .techsngfilehidetuts
- Move the files you’d like to hide to that folder.
- When done, tap on the option (… in vertical order) button again and select hide hidden files.
At this point, the files under that folder will not be visible on the android device. To unhide, simply follow the same steps and this time, remove the files from the folder.
There you have it. Being able to unhide and unhide apps and files on an android phone is that simple. Questions? Feel free to ask using the comment session.